To know about basic and clinical pharmacological science, you will have to carry out several learning processes.
First, studying in college, listening to the teacher convey information about pharmacology.
Second, Discuss with schoolmates. It can be done at campus locations up to online.
Thirdly, you should read books that talk about pharmacology.
On this occasion, we present a book that discusses the topic of pharmacology.
Each publisher will provide information regarding the description of the book to be published. Its other name is synopsis. We found reviews and a synopsis on the Amazon page. Here’s the content:
Found in many colors and packed with hundreds of illustrations, this Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 15th Edition, pdf, ebook, review, and free download by Bertram G. Katzung, MD, Ph.D. is an extensive and interesting guide that students have relied on for decades.
Published to study pharmacology and in an integrated curriculum, the book covers important concepts that students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice.
The 15th edition has been extensively updated by book publishers to provide expanded coverage of transporters, pharmacogenomics, and new drugs. A lot of new and useful information is obtained by every reader of this book.
Based on Amazon’s website, here is important information regarding this book.
- Encompasses all aspects of medical pharmacology, including botanicals and over-the-counter drugs
- Major revisions of the chapters on immunopharmacology, antiseizure, antipsychotic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral drugs, prostaglandins, and central nervous system neurotransmitters
- New chapter on the increasingly relevant topic of cannabis pharmacology
- Each chapter opens with a case study, covers drug groups and prototypes, and closes with summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information
- Revised full-color illustrations provide more information about drug mechanisms and effects and help clarify important concepts
- Trade Name/Generic Name tables are provided at end of each chapter for easy reference when writing a chart order or prescription
- Includes descriptions of important new drugs released through May 2019
- New and updated coverage of general concepts relating to recently discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters
The publisher of this book was McGraw Hill on December 5, 2020, written in English. The number of pages is 1328 pages and weighs 5.05 ounces.
Nowadays, there are many bookstores that sell at affordable prices.
Table of Contents
Preface for Indian Version
Section I Basic Principles
- Introduction: The Nature of Drugs & Drug Development & Regulation
- Drug Receptors & Pharmacodynamics
- Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics: Rational Dosing & the time Course of Drug Action
- Drug Biotransformation
Section II Autonomic Drugs
- Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
- Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs
- Cholinoceptor-Blocking Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Agonists & Sympathomimetic Drugs
- Adrenoceptor Antagonist Drugs
Section III Cardiovascular-Renal Drugs
- Antihypertensive Agents
- Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris
- Drugs Used in Heart Failure
- Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Diuretic Agents
Section IV Drugs with Important Actions on Smooth Muscle
- Histamine, Serotonin, & the Ergot Alkaloids
- Vasoactive Peptides
- The Eicosanoids: Prostaglandins, Thromboxanes, Leukotrienes, & Related Compounds
- Nitric Oxide
- Drugs Used in Asthma & Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Section V Drugs That Act in the Central Nervous System
- Introduction to the Pharmacology of CNS Drugs
- Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs
- The Alcohols
- Antiseizure Drugs
- General Anesthetics
- Local Anesthetics
- Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
- Pharmacologic Management of Parkinsonism & Other Movement Disorders
- Antipsychotic Agents & Lithium
- Antidepressant Agents
- Opioid Agonists & Antagonists
- Drugs of Abuse
Section VI Drugs Used to Treat Diseases of the Blood, Inflammation, & Gout
- Agents Used in Cytopenias; Hematopoietic Growth Factors
- Drugs Used in Disorders of Coagulation
- Agents Used in Dyslipidemia
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs, Nonopioid Analgesics, & Drugs Used in Gout
Section VII Endocrine Drugs
- Hypothalamic & Pituitary Hormones
- Thyroid & Antithyroid Drugs
- Adrenocorticosteroids & Adrenocortical Antagonists
- The Gonadal Hormones & Inhibitors
- Pancreatic Hormones & Glucose-Lowering Drugs
- Agents That Affect Bone Mineral Homeostasis
Section VIII Chemotherapeutic Drugs
- Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics
- Tetracyclines, Macrolides, Clindamycin, Chloramphenicol, Streptogramins, Oxazolidinones, & Pleuromutilins
- Aminoglycosides & Spectinomycin
- Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim, & Quinolones
- Antimycobacterial Drugs
- Antifungal Agents
- Antiviral Agents
- Miscellaneous Antimicrobial Agents; Disinfectants, Antiseptics, & Sterilants
- Clinical Use of Antimicrobial Agents
- Antiprotozoal Drugs
- Pharmacology of the Antihelminthic Drugs
- Cancer Chemotherapy
Section IX Toxicology
- Introduction to Toxicology: Occupational & Environmental
- Heavy Metal Intoxication & Chelators
- Management of the Poisoned Patient
Section X Special Topics
- Special Aspects of Perinatal & Pediatric Pharmacology
- Special Aspects of Geriatric Pharmacology
- Dermatologic Pharmacology
- Drugs Used in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Cannabinoid Drugs
- Therapeutic & Toxic Potential of Over-the-Counter Agents
- Dietary Supplements & Herbal Medications
- Rational Prescribing & Prescription Writing
- Important Drug Interactions & Their Mechanisms
Appendix: Vaccines, Immune Globulins, & Other Complex Biologic Products
About of Author
The author of this book is Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD based on information from the official website that publishes
He is Professor Emeritus, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco.
Author McGraw-Hill represents leading experts in his field and is dedicated to improving the lives, careers and interests of readers around the world.
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 15th edition (December 5, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1328 pages
- ISBN-10 : 126045231X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1260452310
- Item Weight : 5.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.6 x 1.8 x 10.9 inches
Where to Buy Books
There are many applications that can be used for online shopping. You can buy online in the marketplace. Some of the marketplaces that sell books are Amazon, eBay, and Vitalsource.
The online book shopping application can be accessed via mobile phone. This makes it easier for consumers to get the desired product.
But still, you can shop at the bookstore offline.
PDF Free Download
To save on financial expenses, many people are looking for access to free download links on internet pages. They find books in digital formats, such as PDFs, eBooks, and EPUB.
Is it available for this Basic And Clinical Pharmacology 15th Edition? We can’t give an answer. You can look for it to prove it.
Kindle format, it is not shared for free. You can buy it on the Amazon marketplace at a low price.
This Basic And Clinical Pharmacology 15e is very important to have. Many students and teachers already have it. They benefit from this book. Lest you don’t have it. Please buy, rent and borrow in the library. You can also borrow it from people who already have this book.